You are here
Plasma Theory Group
The Plasma Theory Group is part of the Institute for Research in Electronics and Applied Physics at the University of Maryland. IREAP has participating researchers from the Departments of Physics, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Geology, Materials Science and Engineering, and the Institute for Physical Science and Technology.
The Theory Group is most active in magnetic fusion (simulation and theory), intense laser plasma interactions, magnetic reconnection, space plasma theory, high power coherent radiation sources, high performance computation, advanced algorithm development, and theory.
- Magnetic Fusion: Simulation and Theory -- Hassam, Antonsen, Dorland, Drake
- Theory of Intense Laser Plasma Interactions -- Antonsen
- Magnetic Reconnection -- Drake, Swisdak
- Theory and Simulation of High Power Coherent Radiation Sources -- Antonsen
- Plasma Turbulence -- Dorland, Landreman