WEBINAR: Sensitive Data, Export Controls, and Restricted Research.
Monday, March 1, 2021
When: Monday, March 1st
Time: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Who: Research faculty and staff
- Is your research funded by the DoD or NASA?
- Could your research have a specific military or security application (national
- Does your sponsor want publication review or other publication restrictions?
- Are you shipping items abroad?
- Are you receiving proprietary or otherwise sensitive data?
- Are there any security requirements from your funding agency?
- Are you collaborating with individuals or entities from sanctioned countries? (e.g.,
Iran, Syria, N. Korea, Cuba, Sudan)
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above – this session will focus on how we can help. The session will help you understand whether your research may be subject to laws that require extra steps. We will provide guidance on when to seek assistance and share information on the campus staff, tools, and resources available to support your research.
Welcome: Laurie E. Locascio, Vice President for Research
Presenters: Export Control and International Compliance Committee (ECIC)
Dan Lathrop, Chair, ECIC Committee, Professor, CMNS Physics and Geology
Adam Grant, Export Control Officer, Division of Research
Wendy Montgomery, Director, Office of Research Administration
Sam Porter, Associate Director of Research Technology, Division of IT
April Patterson, Security and Compliance Analyst, Division of IT
Facilitators: Rebecca Hunsaker, Executive Director of Research Management, Behavioral and
Beth Brittan-Powell, Director of Research Collaborations, Division of Research
Please Register in advance for this meeting.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Please submit questions for the panel to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Tuesday, February 23, 2021.