- Ph.D., Physics, University of New Hampshire, 2021
- B.S., Physics, Rowan University, 2015
Dr. Dominic Payne received his Ph.D. in Physics from the University of New Hampshire in 2021, where he remained as a postdoctoral associate through the Spring of 2022. At UNH, he worked with MMS data and particle simulations to study how plasma is energized near the electron diffusion region during magnetic reconnection. In the Summer of 2022 he joined the Institute for Research in Electronics and Applied Research (IREAP) at the University of Maryland as a postdoctoral associate, where he investigates the physics behind flare onset in the solar corona. He works with Prof. James F. Drake and Dr. Marc Swisdak.
- Maghnetic reconnection/li>
- Solar flare onset
- Energy transport in collisionless plasmas
- Plasma processes in the magnetosphere and solar corona
Google Scholar , Orcid: 0000-0002-8650-1310