Ting, Antonio C.
- Ph.D., Physics, University of Maryland College Park, 1984
- M.S., Physics, University of Maryland College Park, 1979
- M.S., Physics, National Taiwan University, 1977
- B.S., Physics, National Taiwan University, 1973
Dr. Ting graduated from the National Taiwan University where he received a B.S. degree in physics in 1973 and M.S. degree in physics in 1977. He received from the University of Maryland, College Park, a M.S. degree in physics in 1979 and his Ph.D. degree in physics in 1984. Dr. Ting joined IREAP in July 2017 as a research scientist. From 1985 to 2016, he had worked at the Plasma Physics Division, Naval Research Laboratory (NRL), Washington, DC. He retired from NRL as the Head of the Laser Physics Section where he led the experimental research in laser interaction physics in the femtosecond laser and high power laser facilities there. He was a research associate at the College of William and Mary and then at Dartmouth College in 1984–1985.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (2012)
- Fellow of the American Physical Society (1998)
- Department of the Navy Top Scientist and Engineer of the Year Award (2008)
- NRL Alan Berman Publication AWARD (1998, 2000, 2009, 2014, 2016)
- NRL Review Award (2003, 2009)
- NRL Technology Transfer Award (1998, 2009)
Dr. Ting’s research interests include the interaction of intense laser and microwave radiation with air, plasmas, electron beams, and materials, with applications in laser driven particle accelerators, advanced radiation sources, high power laser propagation in the atmosphere, and nonlinear optical materials.
Dr. Ting has published 145 refereed journal articles, 58 Conference Proceedings papers, 40 NRL Memorandum Reports, and 17 U.S. patents.